I meant to share this recipe when summer started, but life got busy!
So here I am mid-August sharing with you an all-natural Sun Lotion recipe my friend, Somer, made for Carsen and I that we absolutely love. Please note, I have not made it. I’ve just used it.
We have spent many a days outside in the back yard and pool side to really appreciate this sun lotion. I love knowing I’m putting an all natural lotion on my son that will help maintain his healthy looking baby skin!
It smells fabulous and goes on easily. The texture is soft and a bit oily. But it has kept my son’s skin his beautiful WHITE self.
– 1/2 cup Olive Oil
– 1/4 Coconut Oil (Natural SPF 10+)
– 1/4 cup Beeswax (Try to get some locally for added benefits)
– 2 Tablespoons Shea Butter (Natural SPF 5+)
– 2 Tablespoons Zinc Oxide (Natural SPF of 20+)
– 1 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
– 40-50 drops (Mine has Lavender in it. Carrot Seed oil is a good one too, but Somer thought it smelled)
– Melt the Olive Oil, Coconut Oils, Beeswax and Shea Butter over medium heat in a double boiler. Or melt everything together in a glass jar by placing said jar in a pan or pot of hot water until everything melts together.
– Stir with a wooden spoon.
– Let the oil mixture cool to almost room temperature, but not yet solidified.
– Add the Zinc Oxide, Vitamin E Oil, and essential oils.
– Pour into a sealable jar.
– After an hour or so, it will solidify to a nice creamy lotion.
I love that I can keep Carsen’s skin safe with this all-natural Sun Lotion recipe. I hope there is still time for you to make it and get out and enjoy wearing it. If not this year, next!
If you feel intimidated by all natural DIY recipes right now, I highly suggest buying from Picket & Oak a shop created by my friend Jenn. I love her all natural sun lotion and used it on Carsen and myself last year.