In our home, we exclusively use Young Living essential oils. After my husband’s stint in the hospital on our honeymoon, initially due to an ear infection which triggered C. Diff (clostridium difficile), I had to find an alternative to over the counter medicines and some antibiotics.
I strongly encourage everyone to do their own research and make sure you are comfortable with the natural remedies you choose for your family. For mine, I knew Young Living was the essential oil company we had to go with. There was just no comparison.
Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why We Decided to Exclusively Use Young Living:
1. Young Living owns their own farms. From acres of sweet lavender in Utah to rows of fragrant eucalyptus trees in Ecuador, YL’s global farms are emblematic of the purity and quality of everything they do.
Mona Lavender Farm Utah, U.S.
The largest herb farm and distillery in the world, our lavender farm in Mona, Utah, features nearly 1,400 acres of fragrant herbs and is open to visitors year round.
Growing everything from eucalyptus blue to lemongrass to palo santo, our Ecuador farm boasts 2,000 acres of fertile ground and a state-of-the-art distillery.
St. Maries Farm Idaho, U.S.
Previous to Young Living’s 1992 purchase of the land for the St. Maries farm, this area had never been exposed to chemicals, pesticides, and manmade fertilizers. This pristine condition makes the 200 acres of soil perfect for the cultivation of botanicals such as melissa, lavender, and tansy.
Highland Flats Tree Farm Idaho, U.S.
The Highland Flats tree farm is located near the small Idaho town of Naples, less than 50 miles from the U.S.-Canada border. Since 2000, the 250-acre farm has hosted the annual Winter Harvest, where distributors join in harvesting blue spruce, balsam fir, red cedar, and pine trees. Each spring, distributors also participate in the Spring Planting, an important reforestation project that replaces the harvested trees.
Simiane-la-Rotonde Farm Simiane, France
Young Living’s Simiane-la-Rotonde farm is located in Provence, a region of France renowned for its beauty, fragrant lavender fields, and summer-long festivals. Young Living takes advantage of this fertile land to grow clary sage, lavender, and einkorn wheat.
Salalah Farm Salalah, Oman
In 2010, Gary acquired farm acreage in Oman for cultivating Boswellia sacra, or Sacred Frankincense. Now, for the first time in centuries, this precious oil is being distilled in Oman, and Young Living is the first and only company in the world to obtain permission to export it to the Western world. Young Living also cultivates Commipihora myrrha, the botanical used to distill myrrh, another prized biblical oil, at the Oman farm.
2. Anyone can visit farms and participate in the harvest and distillation process. As a distributor and wholesale member my family can visit Young Living’s farms and participate in the seed planting, all the way to the harvest and distillation process! Someday, in the near future hopefully, I will to take my family!
3. The Seed to Seal promise. This is the HEART of Young Living’s commitment to purity and authenticity. From the planting of the seed to the sealed bottle, in depth quality tests ensure we receive our essential oils the way nature intended. Check out www.seedtoseal.com for more information.
4. YLEOs are first distillation oils ONLY. The vast majority of the time, first installation is best. Every now and then, there is an oil where you get a better quality from the second installation. But most of the time, second distillations and third are more watered down.
5. Each batch of EO is rigorously tested in-house and via 3rd party testing. This is to verify that international purity and potency standards are met and surpassed.
6. Pest control is done with EOs. YL completes 8 tests on every batch of oil that is made, yet only 28% of oil samples tested are sold. The rest are used on YL farms as a natural herbicide.
7. Weed control is by hand. They have a crew that hand picks the weeds. HAND PICKS people! That is intense. If you visit their farms, you too can hand pick weeds.
8. Young Living has 20+ years of experience and research. Founded in 1993 by Gary Young, Young Living is the oldest, most trusted essential oil company in the world.
9. Young Living has the greatest selection of single and blends available on the market. Young Living has over 150 single and blend essential oils to choose from, and continue to create more each year!
10. The support, education and community that The Oil Aisle, Oily Renaissance and Oily Families provides makes joining Young Living an incredible, empowering experience. We have Facebook groups dedicated to educating us on essential oils. In these groups, you can ask questions, search out answer, check out great graphics and read others’ testimonies.
To help you learn to use your oils, I am personally offering a 488 page Essential Oils Reference Guide to everyone that signs up for a Young Living Premium Starter Kit through my link (retails $24.95 plus shipping and tax)! This book is an amazing resource for anyone using essential oils, since you can even look up specific illnesses and find the best oils to address them.
While there are other reasons my family use Young Living, these are my top 10. I hope you found this list helpful in your search for a natural alternative for your family’s medicine cabinet.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am an independent distributor for Young Living. #1978088